Ellen
This blog has been empty for about a week but I am back from hibernation. Although, I've spent the majority of my vacation watching animated cartoons (Hayao Miyazaki movies and The tale of Despereaux), I've also been busy painting and re-painting some of my illustrations.

I'm a big fan of many Illustrators from the Golden Age of Illustrations--Arthur Rackham, Howard Pyle, N.C.Wyeth, Elizabeth Shippen Green just to name a few. My appreciation of their art and skills of storytelling increased after seeing works by great American Illustrators while working at the Dahesh Museum of Art in NYC and visiting Brandywine Museum in Chadds Ford, PA.

Anyway, I will talk more about that next time. So, after seeing several illustrations of Alice in Wonderland by several artists, I decided to create my own version. I will be working on several portraits of different characters from Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. So far I finished The Queen of Hearts, Alice and The Red Queen. Right now, I'm working on the The King of Hearts and The White Queen.




It's amazing how much information you can find just by googling--is this a word?-- Alice in Wonderland! I stumbled upon this really great website created by Lauren Harman, a big fan of Lewis Carroll's books. Her site lists several illustrators that illustrated Alice in Wonderland. Don't forget to visit Lewis Carroll's website which has tons of links on everything "Alice".
Last but not least, you will find more info on American Illustrators on this website American Illustrators Gallery NYC. If you know other great websites by illustrators, please do let me know! Enjoy! ^_^
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses