Ellen
It's 2009! Another year gone by and what have we all done with our lives? I've asked this questions to those I know. In return, I either receive a blank stare or a really long answer from someone who had a great year. How many of us actually think about it? I think about it once in a while but it slips off my mind then if finds it way back. 2008 was a very confusing year with lots of decisions to make about where I want to go with my life.

It was a bit scary to be in grad school for Art history then realizing that it's not what you want to do! I sat in class with my friend Jenny (an artist) learning about Art history and we reminisced about the joy of being in the studio creating rather than being stuck in a room looking at slides. So, a decision was made; we quit school!

This March, my brushes will be going on vacation for a while and I will have new tools...cooking tools. Yup, culinary school. Art is my first love but I would like to pursue another love that has been set aside. Someday both will be combined to create something wonderful. Art feeds my soul and food feeds my hungry stomach lol. ^_^

So, I'd like to close this post with one of my favorite poems by Emily Dickinson, "I'm nobody! Who are you?"
I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know!

How dreary to be somebody!
How public like a frog
To tell one's name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!



Labels: | edit post
0 Responses